Re: (ET) E-15 pulley removal -> drive belt modifications

Second the recommendation of a tube.  But if you use fix-a-flat,
here's another recommendation, based on the years I worked in a tire
store long agor:

**** always tell the tireman if there's EVER been fix-a-flat in any
tire you bring in, so he knows to DODGE  ****

This might prevent a dose of sugar in your gas tank, or worse.
Sometimes that crap stays liquid for a long time, and having it shoot
directly into your eyes when the coates machine's bead-breaker finally
defeats the glue is a foul experience that can lead to highly
regrettable behavior.

Installing a tube:  Lay the wheel flat with the valve stem pointing
up, tear or cut out the stem, break the bead seal with a shorty
sledge, reach in and feel carefully all the way around for old valve
stem butts and random pointy bits and take care of any you find, then
pull the tube over the rim with a tire spoon, wrecking bar or giant
screwdriver and slide it down past the bead.  Wiggle the stem into
place, pinion it with a small hose clamp so it can't withdraw into the
tire as you inflate.  Lubricate the bead with soapy water and pump air
in until the bead seats, give it 10 or 20 lbs more than you want and
then let it back down to the desired pressure.  If you've never
changed a rim you're probably better off paying a few bucks at the
local gas station to have it done for you, but with a little
experience it's quite easy.

--Charlie