Re: (ET) E-15 pulley removal -> drive belt modifications

On 2/13/13 10:23 AM, Christopher Zach wrote:
I need to put some fix-a-flat in there to stop the normal slow
leaks.

I consider fix-a-flat the option of last resort/emergency use.
Having to open up a wheel with the goop inside is a mess. And some limited evidence shows that when left in the wheel for a number of years, it will attack any exposed metal rusting out the wheel from the inside.

Remaking the wheel (cleaning the edge where the bead goes, adding bead sealer to rough spots, installing a a new valve stem, etc) or adding an inner tube are both higher on my list of fixes.

--
Jim Coate
Free Range Electric