Re: (ET) E-15 pulley removal -> drive belt modifications

On 2/11/13 9:36 AM, Andrew Poush wrote:
.. I always end up with a looser one that slips and then the other
> one gets worn out quicker. ...
Has anyone tried running V-belts of slightly differing properties
> (tensile strength or thickness)?

As long as the belts are adjusted and not old, I've had the tires slip before the belts. The original belts were indeed just plain V's (solid rubber). Bill Gunn and now me and most others have taken to using the notched version (the extra X) which is more flexible and sits deeper in the pulley. As see here
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32

These are made for use in matched pairs, or triplets or quads - all common in industrial applications. Walt kindly posted the directions for adjusting the tension. A new set will likely need one or two adjustments as it settles in, then just check each spring.

--
Jim Coate
Free Range Electric