Re: (ET) Facebook comments

Hi Jim!  Glad to hear it's your page.  You can make a Facebook page visible to people who aren't Facebook users.  Set it public and then set the age restriction to "anyone" (no age limit).

--Charlie

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 10:44 AM Jim Coate <lists freerangeelectric com> wrote:
On 05/08/2019 12:20 pm, Chris Zach wrote:
> I think that's the trick: Have as many places stocked with people who
> know what they're doing. I'll be here on the list because I like email
> lists. Others can be on Farcebook or websites because that's what
> works for them.

Today's internet has soooo many places to go that it is impossible to
get everybody in one conversation. Some of the large garden tractor
forums have had Elec-trak threads running alongside all the gas engine
talk. There may well be stuff on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, etc. In
fact a quick search finds this on Pintrest:
  https://www.pinterest.com/fb6425/ge-elec-trak/
(I can't see past the initial pictures as I'm not a member)

I started the Facebook "Elec-Trak garden tractor fan club" group pretty
much for the reasons Chris lists - trying to have a way for folks to
find "us" wherever/however they use the internet, and ideally move them
along to this e-mail list and/or the forum. It appears that most of the
active owners do use multiple platforms, not just Facebook. As some have
already noted, it is a public group, but that is of course relative to
those already with Facebook accounts. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook and
post very little personal info or pics of family etc. I do find it
convenient for some things and it has helped me make some important
non-tractor connections.

I think there is a way to pin a post to the top of a Facebook page which
I will look to do listing the e-mail list and web forum as preferred
resources especially for technical support type conversations (when I
get a spare moment, ha ha ha). And maybe a monthly post reminding folks
of these resources so as to get more activity where it does the most
good and gets archived.

--
Jim Coate
www.FreeRangeElectric.com