Re: (ET) Facebook comments

On 05/08/2019 12:20 pm, Chris Zach wrote:
I think that's the trick: Have as many places stocked with people who
know what they're doing. I'll be here on the list because I like email
lists. Others can be on Farcebook or websites because that's what
works for them.

Today's internet has soooo many places to go that it is impossible to get everybody in one conversation. Some of the large garden tractor forums have had Elec-trak threads running alongside all the gas engine talk. There may well be stuff on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, etc. In fact a quick search finds this on Pintrest:
 https://www.pinterest.com/fb6425/ge-elec-trak/
(I can't see past the initial pictures as I'm not a member)

I started the Facebook "Elec-Trak garden tractor fan club" group pretty much for the reasons Chris lists - trying to have a way for folks to find "us" wherever/however they use the internet, and ideally move them along to this e-mail list and/or the forum. It appears that most of the active owners do use multiple platforms, not just Facebook. As some have already noted, it is a public group, but that is of course relative to those already with Facebook accounts. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook and post very little personal info or pics of family etc. I do find it convenient for some things and it has helped me make some important non-tractor connections.

I think there is a way to pin a post to the top of a Facebook page which I will look to do listing the e-mail list and web forum as preferred resources especially for technical support type conversations (when I get a spare moment, ha ha ha). And maybe a monthly post reminding folks of these resources so as to get more activity where it does the most good and gets archived.

--
Jim Coate
www.FreeRangeElectric.com