Re: (ET) inverter

Hmm - now I'm curious - I'll have to get out my meters, run mine, and calculate the efficiency. I'll report back.

Oh yeah - as a side note to Redi-Line owners:

Last power outage mine wouldn't kick in. Found out there is a power resistor in series with the input power to the control board that had failed open. Soemthing to keep in mind if you get the same problem. Also there is a small unused terminal that can be used to force the unit on (bypasses the auto-load sense).

- SteveS

Michael S Briggs wrote:

They probably are cleaner - the efficiency though is what I'd be concerned with (converting electrical energy to mechanical energy just to convert it back to electrical energy in an AC voltage rather than DC also just bugs me as being not very elegant :) ). Hm, I should probably sit down and calculate how long a fully charged pack could power our chest freezer and refrigerator... and maybe an AC if necessary.... (losing power during a heat wave can really suck)