Re: (ET) inverter

I'm almost certain the electronic ones have been discussed - check the archives. As I recall the one mentioned was really nice, but pretty expensive.

... Ok, I got curious and checked- There is some discussion about a Trace inverter, but it appears to be 24V. anyway there's a name to google. Ah - here's one - Tripp-Lite was mentioned as making a 36V product.

On the motor-generator - actually I believe they are much cleaner than electronic inverters since they directly generate a pure sine-wave output. I'm not sure how efficient they are - but I think they are pretty decent.

- SteveS

Michael S Briggs wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking more of an electric DC to AC inverter, rather than a DC motor to spin a generator to make AC power (that seems inefficient, an extra step for some losses, plus noisy). I only looked a little bit, but didn't find many 36VDC to 120VAC inverters. I was hoping that some company would have made them for golf carts.

Mike