Re: (ET) inverter

You could check out the inverter I have on ebay. Pure sine, 90 years MTBF. Unfortunately 24 volt input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110014843752&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Harry Landis

From: Michael S Briggs <msbriggs alberti unh edu>
To: steves <ssawtelle erols com>
CC: et <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) inverter
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:27:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, steves wrote:

> I'm almost certain the electronic ones have been discussed - check the
> archives. As I recall the one mentioned was really nice, but pretty
> expensive.
>
> ... Ok, I got curious and checked- There is some discussion about a
> Trace inverter, but it appears to be 24V. anyway there's a name to
> google. Ah - here's one - Tripp-Lite was mentioned as making a 36V product.
>
> On the motor-generator - actually I believe they are much cleaner than
> electronic inverters since they directly generate a pure sine-wave
> output. I'm not sure how efficient they are - but I think they are
> pretty decent.

They probably are cleaner - the efficiency though is what I'd be concerned
with (converting electrical energy to mechanical energy just to convert it
back to electrical energy in an AC voltage rather than DC also just bugs
me as being not very elegant :) ).
        Hm, I should probably sit down and calculate how long a fully
charged pack could power our chest freezer and refrigerator... and maybe
an AC if necessary.... (losing power during a heat wave can really suck)

Mike