Re: (ET) Solar charging, part 2 :using a stationary pack

I would think one solution would be to use a DC-DC converter to go from 24V
to the max charge voltage you want - I imagine 42V or so? This then would
feed the charge controller. Down side is some energy loss (maybe 10-20%)
for
the DC-DC and cost of the DC-DC which will be directly related to the max
charge current you want. I guess a cheaper method would be to use a charge
controller that uses the available 24V and charges the batteries 2 or 3 at
time (12V or 18V). Of course this requires more 'hands on' to switch
between
banks. One good thing perhaps is,  I imagine 12V charge controllers are
pretty available.

I'm enjoying this discussion as I have two panels waiting to be used for
something!

- SteveS