Re: (ET) Solar charging, part 2 :using a stationary pack

Hello ET list and Jeremy,
   I think Jeremy has the right ideal here by using his solar panels to
charge a stationary battery pack. For someone to buy three solar panels and
a charge controller just for his Elec-trak is not cost effective as Peter
pointed out. I am in the middle of installing a system like Jeremy's (only
little smaller) of solar charging a stationary battery pack that then can
be
used to: recharge the Elec-trak, recharge the battery powered weed wacker,
recharge the Ryobi battery powered push mower, recharge my three Makita
battery powered  "power tools" and basically run any AC power tools in my
shop like  Chris Zach does.
   In my opinion I think charging a stationary pack instead of directly
charging the Elec-trak gives you the freedom to do more (than just charging
the ET). Coupling together the ability to recharge the ET along with other
uses makes the investment in solar panels a wise investment. Don't forget
explain to the wife how if the electricity goes off again at least we have
back up system to hold us over till the electricity in our area is
restored.
I will be using golf car batteries (slightly used 6 volt batteries) for my
stationary pack since they are cheap and readily available. I did purchase
an  "Outback" brand 2kw true sinewave inverter. This is the same company
that makes the charge controller Travis Creswell is using.  It's a nice
piece of equipment and supposedly over built, just like our  Elec-traks
I'm
hoping.
     Eric Miller