Re: (ET) Solar charging, part 2 :using a stationary pack

Hi there,

OK, I'll admit it.  After a long winter with marginal solar power I decided
to take my e-12 to a friends house to get a good solid charge.  I haven't
had my elec trak long, and am still figuring it out.  The charger seems
very
primitive, charging continuously at a constant amperage.  Solar charge
controller ease off the charge as the batteries reach their fill, which is
much better for the batteries.  It seems like we are all paying a price to
fully charge our batteries using the onboard charger.  Charging via solar
panels and charge controller would allow for a more complete charge, and
better control over an equalizing charge.  A good compromise between total
solar charging from panels and charging from a main battery bank via on
board charger would be to somehow get 36 volt charging out of my existing
solar system without major modifications to the setup.  I run 12 panels in
three series of 48 volts, which gets bumped down to the 24 volt battery
bank
by the Solar Boost 3048 charge controller.  I think the best approach to
this would be to take the 24 volts from the bank and bump it up to 36+/-
volts DC and run it through a charge controller to the elec trak bank.
Anybody already doing this or might know how to do it without changing the
configuration of the main battery bank.

Jeremy