Re: (ET) Anyone have an Elec-Trak powered Earth Auger ?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for great suggestions & comments - especially the reversing switch.

I now realize I would have figured that out right about when the auger screwed itself all the way down into heavy earth !

Reverse is also critical for the soil I am trying to drill - former gravel pit area - LOTS of rocks. (Elec-Trak tiller jammed every other pass - dashboard reverse would be great for that - if gearbox is type that is bi-directional. )

Adjusting for plumb is another thing I would have probably figured out right AFTER I drilled a few holes at an angle - due to my initial concept of just welding Elec-Trak frame stabbers onto the standard rectangular well drilling slide rig. Duh me !

That is why I posted a couple of these project questions - it seems smarter to collect the best ideas available BEFORE welding !

I also thought about the counter balance towable design - but I have lots of scrap bed frame angle iron sitting around, so the vertical slide frame seemed more possible & quick & less $$.

One way of another, lift assistance IS necessary.  Not so young anymore.

Also, I have a Curtis 1204 motor control I could wire in for speed control.

Hmmm.

Thanks again.

John