(ET) Anyone have Quick Change Electric String Trimmer, Hedge Clipper, Chain Saw, mini-cultivator, powered by Elec-Trak ?

Hi Group,

Trying to make Elec-trak powered yard tools:

I have an old 2 cycle engine (not worth fixing, EXTREMELY LOUD, when it ran) powered Troy-Bilt String Trimmer, which has a quick release coupler half way down the shaft, and allows other implements to be powered by same head.

Also have a 36 DC PM motor (500W maybe) from old kids electric scooter / mini bike type thing.

The motor weighs about the same as complete engine (especially when fuel tank full).

Similar to my Elec-Trak Earth Auger project, I think I just need motor mount adapter plate & shaft coupler.

(shaft coupler tricky, because clutch was mounted to engine & 1/4" shaft in pipe slid into that.  Also, clutch had sintered bronze bushing, which spun on engine shaft.  Electric motor has small sprocket, attached by a nut, and located by 2 flats on the shaft. Unfortunately, 2 ADDITIONAL flats on the motor shaft, designed for holding the shaft while tightening/ loosening the nut, are NOT aligned with the sprocket locating flats ! I am thinking I could drill and split pin the couple to the motor, but don't want to drill the shaft if it weakens it)

Considering 36VDC variable speed control (could use the speed control from the scooter !)

No clutch.

Anyone have anything similar ?

Any suggestions ?

John