Re: (ET) Kill the batteries

> Chris Zach wrote
> So it’s fall, ......I realized it was time to power cycle my batteries
> Note: I have 90 1.2v SAFT NiCd batteries in my tractor for a max
> capacity of 90 amps. NiCds have an interesting profile.....
> It would be nice to dump charge the tractor in an hour....

Heck Chris, how about 15-20 minutes?
I have an off-grid solar backup 48V pack of AGMs, so wired an Anderson
SB175 to it and directly to the nicad pack on my I-5 (60 bb-600 nicads
that previously poured 1800 Amps into my Karmann Eclectric dragster).  Do
the olde Frankenstein connection time the dump pack, grab a beer and 15
minutes later it’s time to mow.  I haven’t bothered to chart the amps, but
there’s no hot spots and amps are definitely down after a 15 minute dump
charge.

Charge On,
Jay Donnaway
www.karmanneclectric.blogspot.com