Re: (ET) Elec-Trak Chipper shredder conversion: MacKissic Hammermill type shipper Shredder with GE Snow-Thrower motor

I recently converted a very old (LOUD) Belt driven Gasoline engine MacKissic brand Hammermill style Chipper Shredder to Elec-Trak powered (nicely quieter) unit by borrowing the motor from my Elec-Trak Snow Thrower.

Nice idea! I have a spare motor here from an E12 which is currently hooked up to a 1500 PSI pressure washer. It's *really* nice to have to clean the house and other things, and of course it's much quieter and more reliable than a gas model. And the shunt wound motor provides a nice constant RPM.

I'll have to look into a chipper: I have used the vaccuum/blower to chip up junk but I'm worried that branches could cause damage to the bearings as the impeller basically runs on the end of the motor shaft and the bottom bearing takes the load. Granted it's easy to replace but damaging the magnets on the motor would be very bad.

Post some pictures of your conversion, that would be nice to see.