Re: (ET) Darn, E15 motor out too

On 3/28/2016 7:45 PM, Chris Tromley wrote:
Or maybe you give the decks a nice hose-down and cleaning before putting
them up for the winter?  I lost a motor to a seized bearing after
relying on the fairly useless "seals" on the original motors.  During
the season you cook the water out the next time you mow.  Not so for
winter storage.  So far I'm having much better luck with sealed bearings.

Hm. That's possible, although the fat motor shows no sign of rust, just broken magnet. I'll remember not to pressure wash the deck underside in the fall, I thought I left it out in the sun long enough to dry but maybe not.

Chris