Re: (ET) Darn, E15 motor out too

On 3/27/2016 2:35 PM, RJ Kanary wrote:
            Verify field control and wiring before doing anything rash.
ESPECIALLY if it is a Field Reversing control.

Yep, I checked that. Field is actually ok, problem is the motor itself. Oh well, just drop motor, open the back, clean it out....

In the meantime I noticed one of the deck motors was clanking and running slow so I opened it up. Yep, magnet came loose. Yep, magnet cracked. Yep, motor go in trash can. I thought I had a spare large style mower motor shell but it turns out I have half a dozen small motor shells. Apparently the magnets come loose on the large shells, and the armatures short on the small shells.

I wonder though WHY PUTTING IT IN STORAGE WRECKS MOTORS? I store the deck vertically against the wall because I don't want it to rust outside. But for the past 3 years now I have had to replace 1-2 deck motors every spring. I have no clue as to why...

Maybe I should just leave it in the weeds.