Re: (ET) A Cause of Poor Lift Performance

On 1/27/2015 10:55 AM, Konstanty, Walter (GE Energy Management) wrote:
Nick - you have some excellent points here.
   The lift motor was out of a GM Cadillac window motor from what I
recall..... not exactly made for this duty.

Buick. You can find them on Ebay, however the trick is you need the proper side (I think it's driver's side, so get the driver's rear window) and more importantly it can't be grounded.

So you have to open the motor up, remove the brush carrier, and disconnect the wire leading to the frame and run a new wire out as the common. I recommend drilling a small hole in the back plate, then running a 12 gauge wire inside the motor up to the carrier. Put the carrier back in and solder the wire. Use heat shrink tubing to insulate and you're good to go.