(ET) Replace a lift strap, motor, etc....

So the snow might be coming to MD and I figured it was time to switch the E20 from mower deck to snowblower. However earlier this year the front lift belt broke and I just tied it to the deck instead of replacing it.

So off came the deck (breaking two bolts due to corrosion) and out came the lift. Took the motor off so I didn't have to remove it from the tractor (it's a Bill Gunn top of the line one with the wires coming out) and got the old belt out while breaking the wire staple that holds it to the shaft.

Put the new belt on, used a new staple to hold it in, and went to re-attach to the tractor. Then one of the wires to the lift motor broke flush with the motor.

Great.

Fortunately I had two spare motors. Got one of them, hooked it up, put lift back on and everything works. I don't quite like how the lift motor smells at 36 volts, but it's getting better now, I think I replaced the brushes on the spare so maybe they worked in. As long as I run it in short pulses it seems ok.

Blower is on, ready to go. I will see how 36 volts runs on a original stock motor, since it is a series winding it should hold, and to be honest the current should only be 1/2 the 18 volt levels.

Never dull. I should have done this over the summer instead of the cold and muddy winter.