Re: (ET) Today's lessons with heavy snow

On 12/22/2012 5:58 AM, David Roden wrote:
I picked up a snow thrower several years ago.  Tried it once.  It clogged
repeatedly, so I gave up on it.  I figured that the following summer I'd
clean all the rust out and put some kind of nice slick finish on the inside
so the snow would slide through more easily.

The secret I found was to sand the chute, then paint it with POR15. The result is a surface that is glass-smooth and the snow doesn't stick to. Even if I do clog it, I can easily push the clog out (caused by going too slow. Speed up)

And after years of snow, it has yet to wear through.

Did the same with the tiller underside, I can wash it off with a hose, nothing sticks. Same with the deck too. POR15 isn't bad.

Chris