Re: (ET) drive motor spins, but tractor won't budge

Here's a tip - if something isn't working on your tractor, take a minute to just give the tractor a thorough "once over". Had I not been so focused on looking at the underside of the tractor, I would have much more quickly figured out my problem. When I finally had a chance to work on my tractor this weekend, I looked at the left wheel and noticed that the end of the axle is poking about 2 inches beyond the hub. It looks like the key snapped and the hub slid inward on the axle as far as it can go. The key didn't break off completely though, a big piece of it is still stuck in the axle - and as I tried driving, the key spun around (as the axle spun), chewing up the hub. So, it looks like I'll need to replace the hub. And figure out how the hell to get the old hub to slide off past that remaining bit of key. I may need to cut/break the rest of the key off.
        Ok - anyone got a spare hub? :)

Mike

--

Michael S. Briggs, PhD