Re: (ET) drive motor spins, but tractor won't budge

Update:
Ok, I finally had time to jack the rear of the tractor up, and discovered that the right rear wheel spins freely (when I push it with my hands), and when engaging the motor that wheel spins. So, that seems to be indicating that that hub is loose. That hub seems to also be pulled out along the axle some. So, hopefully this evening (if the little kids cooperate), I'm going to tighten the set screws. According to an old post I found online, each hole has two set screws, an inner and outer one, and I should first remove the outer one before tightening the inner one, then putting the outer one back in. Hopefully when I restored the tractor I didn't paint that black epoxy paint over the screws....

Mike
--

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department