Re: (ET) Thinking more about this water tank thing....

On 15 Apr 2012 at 14:01, Christopher Zach wrote:

> That is a thought, however can a transfer pump provide a nice 30-40psi at
> 3-4gpm (enough to run a hose and a sprayer to spray off the roof of the
> shed).

IIRC, the ones I've seen were 6-10gpm.  I don't recall what the pressure
was.  I think most are rated in head, rather than psi, like sump pumps.

Here's an example.  This one is 12v.  You could tap the pack, carry a
separate 12v battery onboard, or use a big DC:DC converter.  As a bonus,
you'd then have power for a 12v inverter.

http://www.imarineinc.com/products/vane-puppy-12vdc-reversible-pump

It's rated 7.9gpm and can handle a 20' head.

I'm sure there are plenty of others, no doubt including cheap Chinese-made
Harbor-Fright-type junk that will cost 1/4 as much and last 1/10 as long.

Annnnnddd, sure enough:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-pump-9576.html

Doesn't say it's reversible, though.  Claims 3.3gpm, 23' head, 10psi.
Rated
continuous power is about half that of the Jabsco.