(ET) Thinking more about this water tank thing....

Ok, it's looking like what I will need is a well jet pump. A reasonable Craftsman one can provide 40 pounds of pressure at up to 10gpm which is way more than I will need to run a garden hose.

Problem is all well pumps are built for 110 volts. And while I could provide 110v with the rotary inverter, that just seems to be the height of silly.

So where can I get a well pump *without* a motor? Then what kind of motor would I need? Do I have to go with a motor the size of the E12 shunt, or would a simpler motor like a deck motor be enough?

And are well pumps reversible (probably not, but maybe) Worst case I could just plumb in a set of valves and reverse the water flow to the pump.

This is starting to take shape in my brain

Chris