Re: (ET) Water tank attachment for an Elec-trak.

On 15 Apr 2012 at 12:29, David Brandt wrote:

> The problem you will run into is that most of the pumps take 12VDC.
> But you can handle that with a couple of diodes to drop the voltage,
> or, if you want to get fancy, you could use one of those low amperage
> PWM controllers

I don't see how a couple of diodes would have enough forward voltage drop
do much good here.

You could probably use a PWM controller.  Just make sure that it's designed
for use with the kind of motor you have.  But IMO, since you're making a
gadget to add on to the rear of the tractor, it's less hassle to just add
an
extra 12v battery of appropriate size.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA