Re: (ET) Thinking more about this water tank thing....

Try a pump repair house. In my experience, many of them get taken in for an estimate, only to find the AC motor has to be replaced, and the owner balks at the price leaving the whole unit behind, because he can get a new set for about the same price (so why not get a new pump and motor for the money?).

Pump repair guy likely has a bin of units with OK pump and dead motor.

Darryl McMahon
The Emperor's New Hydrogen Economy
http://www.econogics.com/TENHE/