Re: (ET) elec-trak front mower capabilities?

I actually do just as you suggest, run my deck out over the bank. I keep the lift strap just tight enough to hover the deck off the front casters. It is a royal pain, mainly because
i've found the best way to cut is to approach at 90deg to the bank, back out and reapproach. in and out in and out, really tedious and quite hard on the batteries. Remember, I'm doing this with an I-5 (E-20). I would not attempt it with any field reversing machine.

I want to fabricate a boom that will hold a deck off the side of my tractor.

Another important factor, my "river" is only a foot deep, and only 6 inches below grade. Not the end of the world if we go for a swim.