(ET) Scam warning! Beware when offered ETs for sale!

Sad to say, but it appears a professional scammer may be expanding his
efforts to include Elec-Trak owners.

*If you receive a call from Bill(?) at 724-797-8536 offering ETs or ET parts for sale, proceed with utmost caution - buyer beware! VERY aware.*

Google his phone number and you will find several links on other tractor forums from those who have had problems, such as:
http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=1047198
Victims have ended up sending several hundred dollars each by Western Union never to get any goods.

I may not always agree with the selling price of Elec-Trak items, but this is much different - this is outright fraud.

My story:
He left me a message a few days ago mentioning something about Electric Tractors he had for sale after his Dad passed away. I'm guessing he got my number from LAGT as others listed in that magazine have also had calls recently. After some telephone tag, I talked to him Monday [having already recognized his number]. Something about two "Electric Tracks" plus a lawn sweeper and a cab for sale. He "wasn't sure of the model number off hand". Rust? "not much". Running? "not for a number of years". He is in PA. I mentioned I was in Virginia and he suddenly asked if he could call me back. He has yet to call back... possibly coincendence, or possibly he realized I was too close. As in close enough to drive over and have a chat if I lost money. In an odd way, I had hoped to talk to him longer and see if we got to Western Union or I got him to promise he would send me a nice factory original blue Elec-Trak with the rare 4-blade mowing deck and bucket seat options.

Please be careful out there!

___
Jim Coate
540-941-1005