Re: (ET) Odd charger problem.

ebay and mcmaster-carr (www.mcmaster.com).

David Brandt

From: Chris Zach <cz alembic crystel com>
To: RJ Kanary <rjkanary consolidated net>
Cc: elec-trak cosmos <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Odd charger problem.

>                                    I'm no sheet metal worker..............but I would drill the spot welds out, then use pan headed or license plate style quarter inch screws to reattach them. With the heads on the inside of the battery box, the cases would see no harm.

Well, it looks like the Electric Tractor Store doesn't have them up right now; they might be out.

Which would mean I will have to repair the rusted wreckage sitting out in the back lot. Hm, that could be interesting, but if I can find sheet steel I should be able to cut the rust back and WELD! Yes, more welding looks to be in my future!

Now where can one get serious steel plate? Home Depot sells little plates for $8.00 each, that's not going to work. Any other thoughts?