Re: (ET) Odd charger problem.

<how difficult is it to get the old fenders off the old one and welded onto a new box?>

I'm no sheet metal worker..............but I would drill the spot welds out, then use pan headed or license plate style quarter inch screws to reattach them. With the heads on the inside of the battery box, the cases would see no harm.

RJ

Chris Zach wrote:
RJ Kanary wrote:
Open CB-2 would do it.It's on the negative side of the circuit and would prevent charging.

Bullseye! Turned out the wires and contacts on CB2 needed a good cleaning. Done, now it works perfectly and has charged all three of the Hawker batteries to 14.7 volts.

Very nice. Of course I don't have a timer on it, but that's another issue. In the meantime though the charger is bolted in, the derrick and front lift are on, and it's pretty much ready to go. All I really need to do is fix the lights, and....

Put a whole new rear box on the thing. Yes, I think it's finally time to order one, the only question is how difficult is it to get the old fenders off the old one and welded onto a new box?