(ET) Odd charger problem.

So I sat down over the week and put the E15's charger back together. Very slow job, I had to re-cut a new wood plate, use the router to countersink holes for the bolts, clean all of the old bolts, and put everything back together.

Oddly enough it works. Open circuit voltage is 42 volts, with the capacitor de-tached it's 34 volts (which means the cap still works). And when I hook up a deck motor it spins right up and maintains the 42 volt output (meaning the diodes work).

However putting it in the tractor is not resulting in charging: The two bigger wires under the front (one was wire 2) showed pack voltage, but when I connected up the charger and started it I got nothing at the batteries.

Any idea why?

Chris