Re: (ET) Motor, belts, and underside wiring completed, time for topside

The problem with most nuts and bolts these days are that they seem to be made of zinc with steel "paint" on them. On the mower deck I took apart for example the 30+ year old bolts were fine and the ones I installed 3 years ago had literally melted to nubs.

Big bolts as well; to get the mount for the mower arm off I literally had to weld the nubbin of a "bolt" to the steel so I could unscrew it.

So who makes real bolts these days?