Re: (ET) Motor, belts, and underside wiring completed, time for topside

On 9 Nov 2010 at 9:55, Chris Zach wrote:

> The problem with most nuts and bolts these days are that they seem to be
> made
> of zinc with steel "paint" on them.

Virtually all of the fasteners offered today, and certainly any the big
box
chain stores sell, seem to be Chinese made and unmitigated junk.  They're
meant to be as cheap as possible, not to fit or to hold or to last.  I
suspect, but don't know for sure, that the steel used is contaminated low
grade scrap.

If anyone knows where to get fasteners of the quality originally used in
assembling our ETs 35-40 years ago, please post that information.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA