(ET) Motor, belts, and underside wiring completed, time for topside

Pretty good news on the E15 front: The parts from Harold came in (thanks Harold, perfect stuff excellent shipping) and I started working on the underside of the tractor wiring-wise. Since there are no batteries I find it easier to just roll the tractor on it's side.

First was re-running the loom for the motor. I could see where that rubber sleeve which protects the wires from the belt had slipped and the strap-tie had long since broken off so I widened the hole to 3/16ths of an inch, used a wider tie, and used electrical tape to re-wrap the wires (belt had burned off the insulation). Then re-attached everything, ran the appropriate wires under the motor, and got back to work.

The new belts went on with no problem, although at this point the motor is not tight. Does anyone know the types of bolts that hold on the motor circuit breaker? Machine threaded bolts seem a bit too small.

New brake switch went in without problem, and at this point all of the aft wires are reconnected. It actually looks pretty good. :-)

Then re-rolled the tractor back on it's wheels, and closed it up for the week.

Next step (tomorrow or next weekend) is going to be to install the reversing switch, install the new meters and such, then start thinking about how I am going to mount the front resistors. The old charger frame that the resistors attach to is gone, so maybe I will attach them to a block of wood or something across the front.

At that point I need to finish working on the E15 main card. Still don't know what I will use to attach the wires to the card edge, need to think about that. Also need to finish replacing all of those diodes and check the transistors. Bench testing the thing is not difficult, but it will take a few weeks.

Then it will be time for the batteries. I think 30 BB600's in the front should get it moving, for now I will just insulate/terminate the wires in the battery box. Which is fine since I don't even have a lift frame for it right now. Maybe later. Then I should be able to charge it from the E20 via the 20a accessory port. Might even run.

Never can tell.
Chris