Re: (ET) Pack Monitor

Christopher Zach schrieb:
Markus Lorch wrote:
I have also looked at them a couple of times already. Not for my elec-trak, I can keep track of 6 batts manually, but for my electric car. The only draw back I can see is the lack of a kwh meter that would
keep track of kwh in or out. I had emails with the developer of these
devices and it looks like they cannot offer this functionality.

Oh really? I thought they had a hall sender for amps?

Yeah, I was told that it was attemted to offer the kwh meter functionality as well but that it created problems. On this subject I think I remember a EVDL post from Lee H. or some other expert describing the problems of developing an accurate kwh meter. Mainly
the deviation of the hall sensor, especially during times that no
current or only a very small current is flowing. I.e. when you have
the meter connected for a week without any tractor use. I also believe
to remember that for this reason it is much better to go with a more
precise shunt instead of a hall sensor for energy measurements.

In any case, I agree with the general feedback that these look like
good devices, especially for the price.

Markus