Re: (ET) Pack Monitor

Hi Dennis,
I am talking about rain and snow, and I suppose if you are in the habit
of hosing down your tractor.

I am not aware of any issues related to dust or grass clippings.  In
general, mounting the unit (it is a perfect fit for the holes on the ET
dash for gauges) in some kind of housing will protect the opening at the
back of the display unit.

If you could put a water-tight, hinged cover over the front of the
display, that would likely resolve the water issue.  A permanent, sealed
cover would prevent access to the buttons that control the two readouts
on the display.

For now, I have tucked my display under the hood which keeps it out of
the elements, and it has survived the winter that way.  This year I plan
to put a gauge holder on top of the dash so I can see the display while
driving (and it isn't snowing).  However, I have not completely given up
on the hinged cover approach.

Darryl

"Pestka, Dennis J" <Dennis Pestka Covidien com> wrote:

> Darryl;
>
> When you speak of not being weather-proof, are you just talking about
> rain, or
> are you also talking about dust, blowing grass, etc.
>
> What kind of protection are you recommending ?
>
> Thanks;
> Dennis

It