Re: (ET) Pack Monitor

Disclosure:  I have recently become a distributor for PakTrakrs.

I have had one on my E12 for over a year now.  It's about $150 for the
basic package - display and one remote.

It works.  Here are the cautions.

1) While the remote unit is weather-proof, the display unit is not.  It
will not survive if mounted on the dash without protection.  (voice of
experience)

2) The cable leads are not long enough to reach from the rear pack to
the front pack without some work on extending two leads.

3) When installing, follow the instructions precisely.  Blowing up the
fuse on the most negative lead is a common installation problem if one
does not follow the instructions.  Not expensive to fix, but irritating.

However, I am impressed with what the PakTrakr does for the money, which
is why I have become a distributor.

The alerts function alone is worth the price.

I have now installed another unit in the Green14 (73 Porsche 914
conversion), and used them for monitoring stationary packs (similar to
off-grid application).  They work as advertised, and I believe the
product is now ready for real market release (beta and field testing is
complete).

My pricing is identical to what you see from the vendor.  My Web pages
for the PakTrakr should be up next week.

Darryl McMahon

Disclosure:  I am a distributor for PakTrakr.

--
Darryl McMahon
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?

The Emperor's New Hydrogen Economy (eBook and trade paper)
http://www.econogics.com/TENHE/