Re: (ET) New wiring question?

--- "Kleinbrahm, Bob" <rkleinbrahm firstrepublic com> wrote:
> I recently took the plunge and ordered out the Alltrax for my E-20.  I
> would like to replace all the existing wiring and have a question on
> what size others have used for this?  Are the main power cables #4
> wires, etc..

I am about to do the same thing, and am anxious to hear what other people
have
done.

I got some surplus 4 guage welding cable from a friend. I think that the
little
tiny strands are actually bad for this application (higher resistance?)
but the
price was right. Now I am debating whether to try crimp lugs or solder.
Crimp
seems iffy without the expensive proper crimper. I assume that solder is
just a
propane torch and some big fat solder wire. Any practical comments or
experience?

Thanks,
Eric