Re: (ET) New wiring question? Term lugs, crimper from modified bolt cutter

I think it has been discussed here before:

Economical cable Termination lugs can be made from copper pipe - cut,
pounded
flat, and hole drilled, totally tinned (dip in solder pot).
Other end slipped over wire, crimped using custom crimper made from Harbor
Freight long (36") bolt cutters (on sale), jaws cut away to fit an old
socket, sliced in half, and each half welded to one jaw of the bolt cutter.

After crimping, dip the whole thing into solder pot (or flux all & use
torch &
fat diam solder)

I think this was described here, or in Home Power Magazine.

As far as the wire - 4 ga welding - I thought the million tiny strands was
BEST: most flexible, and somewhere I heard electrons travel on the surface
of
the wire, so multi-stranded wire was better, and more strands = better