Re: (ET) Totally dead E20, thoughts?

OK I got the schematic from elec-trak.org.....

where do you get zero and where, what polarity, and level, do you get
volts from to ground?

i.e.

rear left positive to ground measures zero
rear right positive to ground measures -6
rear right negative to ground measures -12
etc..

or....

use the following diagram

     | +         -                     -        -   |
     |    B6        B4                              |
rear |       -         +           B2       B1      |  front
     | +         -                                  |
     |    B5        B3                              |
     |       -         +         +        +         |

The way I understand what you are saying is the point B6- and B5+ is
grounded. (I agree ,that's insane)

So therefore, B6+ will read +6 volts, and B5- will read -6 volts, correct?

BTW B5- is the most negative point in the string and runs under the
tractor to the controls, and the charger, and all over the place. And
B6+(B4-) is the  12v tap for the lights, while B4+(B3-) is the tap for the
lift.

I could *really believe* that B5- measures 0, and is the ground fault
point.....  ;-)

The lights use B5 and 6,  the lift uses B1,2,3.

--

Stay Charged!
Hump