(ET) re: Salvage and swap meets

You know, having a good SS controller suited to the ETs might just be the
ticket to bring a bunch of these old machines back to life. Face it - most
of our problems end up being bad relays, bad connections, etc. About the
only other bad problem is rusted sheet metal, which I understand Bill has
replacements for.

On spare parts, etc. We had a good discussion last year about a swap meet.
We need to revive this discussion and do something about it this year. .

A couple of ideas:

-One of you guys with lots of old machines and spares could get some
serious
yard clean up done by hosting a meet and pocket some cash too. Nothing
wrong
with that.

- Tag onto another meet. I did look into the big Wheel Horse in PA, but
they
declined - they are strictly Wheel Horse only. Locally there is the Power
of
DC (EV drag races)  http://www.powerofdc.com   I'd have to check on that.

- Worst comes to worst - I'd host it, but I'm pretty far for most of you.
(Northern VA).

Ideas?

SteveS