(ET) Throttles and data bases

        Hi I have input on two treads

1.)     >Maybe on a stalk like a turn signal.< I am currently working on
this solution and I think I got a pretty simple fix. The problem is that a
5Kohm pot requires 360 degree of rotation. At best with a stalk on the
column you have 50 degrees before you run into your knees or the dash. So,
use a 25Kohm pot and then just sweep the 0 to 5000 ohm range effective
about
60 degrees. I simple mount a stick to the pot knob and you are there. I
uses
"fork lift pots"  MIL RV4 type they are about $15 each.  Well not quite,
electrically this work great, BUT There is a mechanical problem the level
flopps back and forth because the mechanical friction in the pot is very
low.

                And at this point I am very open to suggestions. (HELP
PLEAS
HELP) I need a brake of something to dampen the motion of the lever or a
ratchet like in the old gas tractor throttle lever. If any body is a tool
maker and wants to help on the design I'd love to talk to you?

2.)     >A data base of spare parts<  Boy I am so in, and I'll start by
offering an inventory of my manuals and assorted literature. I am also
working on a dealer who apparently has a lot of NOS around so this would be
a great place to get those parts out to the folks who need them. Apparently
he even has OEM paint (whether it is good or not is another question)

all for now

        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6