Re: (ET) "gas pedal" - or rheostat??

It depends...

The stock E20 has a pedal that uses mechanical linkages to depress a
sequence of small switches - one switch for each speed. Making such from
scratch for the E15 could be tricky to get it all put together. Off-hand
I don't know where you could buy such pre-made. You could take the pedal
unit off an E20, but the E20 has more speeds, so more switches, so a
little wiring to figure out. And... if you have the E20 pedal you
probably have the E20 tractor that goes with it :-)

Electronic controllers often use potentiometers, which is a variable
resistor. (A rheostat is just a bigger variable resistor). So you could
rewire the E15 completely with one of the new AllTrax controllers and a
matching 0-5K potentiometer.

I'm looking for a source of good quality & water proof foot controls to
use with the AllTrax controller on an E20. Either a potentiometer, or an inductive pickup which it can also use and which are theoretically more reliable. Suggestions welcome.

Stephen & Carol Welch wrote:
 > Whatever the appropriate electrical term (enlighten me)...  My
 > question is this:
 >
 > Is it possible or practical to convert an E15 to foot speed control
 > as is found on the E20?
 >
 > Or is one better off just finding a '20 if the pedal is desirable?
 >
 > Sorry if this has been queried before...  I'll hide behind
 > newbieness.  :^)

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak