Re: (ET) "gas pedal" - or rheostat??

At 10:03 PM 2/28/04 , Jim Coate wrote:
I was hoping for a pre-made foot pedal control unit.

Our local group has a variety of machines, and from operating several, I find the dash located lever better for me than the foot peddle. I often find myself bouncing around, which lifts or pushes my foot, causing a jumpy ride. The dash is supports set-and forget mode. The advantage of the foot control for me is safety, I can cut the power without reaching for the dash.

A panic switch for the foot (which switched to dynamic braking) combined with a speed lever and reversing switch mounted on the dash would work best for me, I think.

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org