Re: Mask wearing requirements

     I would prefer masking for a lot longer.  It is what I will be doing
anyway.  But I don't feel I can insist on it without being a hypocrite
because I am doing another activity that is mask-optional in circumstances
where I feel that it is way more dangerous - I have a volunteer shift at
the patient family learning center at MGH, where masking is now optional.
MGH is a hospital, where there are sick people and immunocompromised
people.  WTAH (heck)?   I wear an N95 and don't take it off at all.   It
was a relief to us that Dana Farber Cancer Institute is keeping the mask
requirement.
     I am a big fan of ventilation.  This week I started a tap dance class
after two years off.  Masks are optional (four of us were masked out of
twenty people) but both windows were wide open.  I want windows in the
ringing room open.  I'm still opening bus windows when I get on (when
possible - the shuttle buses don't have openable windows).
     I think Josh's point about wastewater is interesting, because
seemingly valid numbers are available.  Other indicators are weird - last
week Massachusetts Covid hospital cases were generally down, but
intubations were up.  Maybe that just means that people don't go to the
hospital for Covid unless it's dire.
     If we're putting it to a vote, I don't know the best way to go about
it.  I am curious who besides Allison is staying away because of masks.
I'd like to know how many people would stop coming if it becomes optional.
 I was glad to hear from Pi.

Laura Dickerson