Re: (ET) battery gases

 Sirs,I am on an "old man" streak . Turns out I installed one of the
batteries (lead acid) backwards and charged the pack for about 6 hours and
of course had no real power. Studied the installation and found the
problem (me)! I disconnected it but now I am uncertain of my next step.
With red tester lead on + post and black on - post shows "6.2v", reversing
the leads shows "-6.2v" so I'm thinking the polarity did not reverse.
Should I charge it separately for awhile or just reinstall it among the
pack and start charging (and thank my lucky stars)?
Again, thanks for your collective expertise.Mike
    On Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 05:45:16 PM EDT, David Roden <etpost
drmm net> wrote:

 On 19 Apr 2023 at 14:27, Darryl McMahon wrote:

> There used to be a battery shop in my area that had the molds and
> equipment to reform/recast a damaged battery post, but they have been
> gone for years. I don't know if this is even done anymore.

A few of the old-timers on the EV Discussion List used to recast battery
terminals in their own garages.  They wrote about it and here's an edited
version of the thread.  Not to be a downer, but sorry to say 2 of the 3
writers, Bob Rice and Roland Wiench, are no longer with us.

http://evdl.org/pages/battpost.html

Note that I don't really recommend trying this yourself. The writeup is
mainly intended for information and entertainment.  To find an expert in
the recasting and/or repair process, try industrial battery suppliers.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send