battery gases  Sirs,I am on an "old man" streak . Turns out I installed
one of the batteries (lead acid) backwards and charged the pack for about
6 hours and of course had no real power. Studied the installation and
found the problem (me)! I disconnected it but now I am uncertain of my
next step. With red tester lead on + post and black on - post shows
"6.2v", reversing the leads shows "-6.2v" so I'm thinking the polarity did
not reverse.  Should I charge it separately for awhile or just reinstall
it among the pack and start charging (and thank my lucky stars)?Again,
thanks for your collective expertise.Mike    On Wednesday, April 19, 2023
at 05:45:16 PM EDT, David Roden <etpost drmm net> wrote:    On 19 Apr 2023
at 14:27, Darryl McMahon wrote:> There used to be a battery shop in my
area that had the molds and> equipment to reform/recast a damaged battery
post, but they have been> gone for years. I don't know if this is even
done anymore. A few of the old-timers on the EV Discussion List used to
recast battery terminals in their own garages.  They wrote about it and
here's an edited version of the thread.  Not to be a downer, but sorry to
say 2 of the 3 writers, Bob Rice and Roland Wiench, are no longer with us.
 http://evdl.org/pages/battpost.htmlNote that I don't really recommend
trying this yourself. The writeup is mainly intended for information and
entertainment.  To find an expert in the recasting and/or repair process,
try industrial battery suppliers.  David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA= = = = =