Re: (ET) battery gases

On 19 Apr 2023 at 14:27, Darryl McMahon wrote:

> There used to be a battery shop in my area that had the molds and
> equipment to reform/recast a damaged battery post, but they have been
> gone for years. I don't know if this is even done anymore.

A few of the old-timers on the EV Discussion List used to recast battery
terminals in their own garages.  They wrote about it and here's an edited
version of the thread.  Not to be a downer, but sorry to say 2 of the 3
writers, Bob Rice and Roland Wiench, are no longer with us.

http://evdl.org/pages/battpost.html

Note that I don't really recommend trying this yourself. The writeup is
mainly intended for information and entertainment.  To find an expert in
the recasting and/or repair process, try industrial battery suppliers.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA