Re: (ET) Battery dilemma

Regarding the NiCad conversion -

How do they compare to decent LA in normal mowing use?  I have mostly been using the elec trac to mow.   I might have around a half acre to mow, as most of my land is woods.

I have a snow thrower and a ground contact plow also, but I have a Dynahoe with a heated cab that needs occasional run time during the winter, so I use it to plow now.  Plus, crushed stone driveway isn't good for the snow thrower.  And heated cab is good for the operator.  And I can back blade which avoids digging up the driveway when it isn't frozen solid.

I know generally, that NiCads should be less bothered by cycles, good for higher current.  Flatter discharge curve, but when they are done, they are done.  Apparently, they are less damaged by time as well.

Does anyone have a datasheet or a link to one for these BB600s?

What do I have to do for charging a set of BB600s in this application?

Obviously, they have to be series and paralleled since they are pretty small AH wise.

What sort of water level maintenance is required - as in more or less than LA?  With 90 little holes to check and fill, this could be more annoying than the LA...

I do like that they won't be inherently attacking the metal of the tractor like the sulfuric acid does.