Re: (ET) E-15 not getting out of first speed

David,
Sorry for not clarifying - you are correct, by "not getting out of first
speed" I mean that moving the lever further forward has no effect, it
continues chugging along as if it was still in the first position. When
this symptom is present, if I put the tractor in neutral, moving the lever
further forward does cause the motor to go faster - but not when it is in
gear. It seems like a voltage related issue, in the sense that when the
symptom is present, the inability to move into higher speeds is
exacerbated by things that would decrease the pack voltage (i.e. being in
gear which increases the current draw from the motor, turning the mower
deck on first before trying to go into higher speeds - anything which
drops the voltage of the pack by increasing the voltage drop over the
internal resistance).
But the behavior this weekend seems indicative of it involving a loose
connection somewhere.

Mike

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department